Internal Audit Value Chain (IAVC) specialist providing co-sourcing and outsourcing services in the U.S. and the Asia Pacific (APAC) regions.
What is the Internal Audit Value Chain (IAVC), and how will it help your organization to create and capture value?
How can Synergy help your teams plan and execute audits and reviews that matter?
Provide clients with expertise on a long-term basis (internal audit out-sourcing) or temporary (internal audit co-sourcing) to perform audits and reviews to accomplish strategic objectives, create and sustain value.
- Synergy supports public sector institutions and private sector multinational companies and their supply chains in the U.S. and APAC regions
- We support local APAC organizations who desire to increase their business with U.S. institutions or multinational companies
- Synergy focuses on reviews that impact your organization’s strategy and profitability
- Our team identify and mitigate risks impacting the accomplishments of your goals and objectives
Examples of audits and reviews we perform include but not limited to, the following:
- Financial Management
- Operations and Performance
- Information Technology
- Fraud Risk and Vulnerability Assessments
- Audit Readiness
- Supplier Readiness
Our team possesses the technical expertise, industry and advisory skills, and leadership experience required to create and sustain the value within and across your critical supply chains, business operations, and markets. Collectively, the Synergy team brings over 150 years of experience from working in the government, commercial, and nonprofit sectors, including:
- U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) and Federal civilian agencies
- U.S. State government agencies
- Financial services to include investments, banking, and insurance
- Real Estate Investment Trust (REITs)
- Health care
- Medical devices
- Higher education
- Manufacturing and distribution organizations
We leverage best practices and lessons learned from industry and consulting experiences to support your engagements. Our team’s capabilities enable Synergy to provide long-term, comprehensive, and sustainable solutions to allow your organization to make timely, complete, and accurate decisions.
Synergy Integration Advisors – your partner towards success!
- Who We Are – Synergy EnterPrize, LLC – Doing Business As, Synergy Integration Advisors and Synergy EnterPrize Pte. Ltd., is a rapidly-growing specialty consulting firm providing internal audit co-sourcing and internal audit outsourcing services. We help clients implement Internal Audit Value Chain (IAVC) solutions by providing expertise while using a combination of Certified Public Accountants, Certified Internal Auditors, Certified Information Systems Auditors, Certified Government Accountants with industry and functional experiences.
- Our Location and Geographic Coverage – With offices in Philadelphia, Washington DC, San Diego and Singapore, Synergy supports clients throughout the U.S. and the Asia Pacific (APAC) regions with local attention to provide your organization proven cost-effective solutions. Synergy can be an extension of your local internal audit teams in the U.S. and APAC regions to plan and execute audits and reviews that impact your strategy (create, capture, and sustain value) and profitability.
Experience – Our depth and breadth of industry knowledge, expertise, and exceptional past performances include supporting agencies within the U.S. Federal Government – The Department of Defense and Civilian Agencies address their most crucial business issues.
Teaming and Reach Back – We have teaming relationships with some of the Big-Four Public Accounting and Consulting firms since 2012 to support clients to accomplish strategic goals and objectives.
Engagement Flexibility – Synergy can be engaged at the strategic, project management, and tactical or resource levels. Depending on your needs, we can also provide expertise and innovative approaches to develop and implement customized IAVC solutions, including ongoing training.
Thought Leadership – Synergy works with the following leading independent internal audit editors and publications to provide thought leadership:
(1) The Institute of Internal Auditors (The IIA)
(2) The Association of Government Accountants (AGA)
(3) Internal Audit 360°, an independent knowledge source for internal auditors of all levels
Creating innovative content with solutions to common problems helps our team maintain the cutting edge needed to deliver and sustain value for clients. Synergy has presented topics related to the IAVC during the global Information Technology Audit and Controls (ITAC) and Audit World – SuperStrategies conferences.
Niche – As a specialty consulting firm, we do one thing best – provide outstanding IAVC support services and perform reviews within your schedule and quality control parameters. Synergy’s specialty, together with the diverse industry and technical expertise of our team, remains a significant advantage.
Strategic Alignment – The Synergy solutions align with your strategic objectives and pressing needs. We assign personnel with the right blend of industry and functional skills such as Supply Chain, Information Technology and Security, Accounting, etc., and interpersonal skills to collaborate with your teams to identify and implement practical and cost-effective solutions that can be sustained to meet your strategic goals and objectives, including profitability.
Our Passion – We are passionate about taking on challenges to address your needs. For that reason, Synergy has built a team with proven expertise needed to help us continuously improve our processes, tools, and methodologies, and provide innovative and practical solutions to meet your goals and objectives.
- Outcomes – Every engagement begins with a consensus on what is considered success and a pre-defined endpoint.
- Expectations – We exceed your expectations by getting the job done in a manner that can be sustained by your organization.
- Expertise – Our subject matter experts provide flexibility throughout the engagement without losing sight of the core objectives and adjust as needed to meet your unique business needs.
- Integrity – As a specialty advisory firm, Synergy understands well that reputation is paramount, and we are more than happy to supply references from our clients and partners. Synergy is committed to upholding the highest standards of professionalism and integrity as we partner towards our client’s success.
Our philosophy can be summarized with three S’s:
Strategy | Skills | Sustainment
A good plan is only as good as your organization’s ability to execute and achieve intended results. Synergy demonstrates competence through a commitment to helping your organization achieve strategic goals and objectives. An understanding of your enterprise’s strategic goals and objectives is the starting point. We collaborate with your staff and stakeholders to plan and execute internal audits and reviews that identify and mitigate critical risks that stand in the way of accomplishing your strategic goals and objectives.
Synergy maintains successful strategic relationships with teaming partners from the Big-Four Accounting firms, which can be leveraged as reach-back when needed to better serve our clients at competitive rates. Synergy has continuously enhanced its position as a strategic partner with these firms to support clients due to our ability to understand and quickly adapt to the global changing business environments.
Our team skills and expertise (functional and industry) defines Synergy’s success in the marketplace. Providing superior talent with knowledge by industry sectors and functions is a significant differentiator.
Synergy invests in Continuing Professional Education (CPE) to ensure that our team continues to comply with the regulatory requirements of the appropriate Board of Accountancy, The Institute of Internal Auditors, the Association of Government Accountants, the Information Systems Audit and Control Association and other regulatory bodies.
Synergy personnel collectively bring extensive internal audit, risk management, financial management, and Information Technology experience. Our team can apply lessons learned and best practices to help your organization benefit from our broad and unique range of backgrounds. Collectively, our team of professionals has supported various public sector organizations and global private sector companies.
Creating value is not enough. As a specialty consulting firm, Synergy understands the efforts (time and resources) your organization has spent to formulate the right strategy. Our role is to help execute your plan – creating and capturing value by planning and performing audits and reviews that matter across your value chains. We are an extension of your team.
We utilize a hands-on approach to collaborate with your management teams and stakeholders to deliver sustainable solutions. When needed, we incorporate our Internal Audit Value Chain (IAVC) Methodology to align the enterprise goals and profits with the internal audit value. We succeed if the solutions provided can be sustained by your organization and generate profitable outcomes.
Team Industry Experience
- United States Department of Defense
- Department of the Army
- Department of the Navy
- Department of the Air Force
- U.S. Marine Corps
- Defense Logistics Agency
- Office of Secretary of Defense, Comptroller
- Defense Information Systems Agency
- Defense Finance and Accounting Services
- U.S. Department of Justice – Civil Division
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA)
- SBA Small Business Investment Company
- State of Maryland – Judiciary
Health & Insurance
- Johns Hopkins
- Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance
- MedStar Health Inc.
- Select Medical Healthcare
Financial Services and Asset Management
- Bank of America
- Bank of New York Mellon
- Dynex Capital
- ING Direct
- Legg Mason Asset Management
- Lexington Realty Trust
- Lincoln Financial
- Morgan Stanley
- Prentice Securities
- Prudential Financial
- Rowe Price
- US Bancorp
Manufacturing and Retail
- Johnson & Johnson
- Lutron Electronics
- Saks Fifth Avenue
- SL MTI
- SL Power and Electronics
- Ultra Electronics – Herley